Wednesday, August 5, 2009

185/115

A few days ago at clinic, this woman comes in. For as far back as I can see, her blood pressure has been up in the sky, always 210/110, or thereabouts. Today it's only 185/115. Every time she comes in, we go up on her blood pressure meds and have to give her something in the office so she doesn't have a stroke. Every month, I'm sure she gets asked the same questions--are you taking your meds? Doyou have enough money to buy your meds? Today, I get this nudge after I ask her those questions, and I ask her "did you take your Blood Pressure meds TODAY?" And she says no, she never takes them before she comes to the doctor because she wants the doctor to see how good her blood pressure is. Then she tells me that when she takes them, she can't drive because she gets very sleepy and tired...Probably because her blood pressure is in the toilet now!!

(Tired and sleepy are signs of LOW blood pressure!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment